Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Festivities

Steve and I headed to Knoxville this weekend to celebrate Halloween with Gabe and Em. Friday night was meant to be a pumpkin carving event. I had a brilliant idea for a jack-o-lantern: buy a large white pumpkin and carve it into the shape of a ghost from the classic Atari game, Pac-Man. But the fates were against me. There was a guy selling white pumpkins for $3 at a stand, but when I went to buy one no one was in. Okay...sure I could have liberated a pumpkin and dumped the cash in its place. But well...too honest I guess. But besides *not* having a pumpkin for the event, we got into Knoxville so late that we'd missed the carving party. So, while waiting for Gabe and Em to get home we watched Sean of the Dead and ate Doritoes and donuts.

Saturday we all dressed up and attended a couple of parties. Emilie went at a hot demon, Gabe went as a prison convict (but only after his attempt at making a good Sideshow Bob costume failed), Steve went as a couch potato...again, and I went as a Greaser, more specifically I was aiming for Sodapop from The Outsiders (this was an impromptu costume after inadvertently leaving my original costume at home). The first party...while in concept was cool, actually sucked because of the rain. It was an outdoor bonfire party hosted by Gabe and Em's hiking meetup group. There was tasty food and a huge ass fire...but after standing in the rain for two hours it got a little tiresome. So we headed to some people's house I didn't know, but apparently have met before. We hung out with the "strangers" and some newly acquired friends I made on my last Knoxville/D.C. trip...and the night pretty much ended as expected: Steve vomiting his guts out.

Sunday we met up with Allison and Ron (the newly acquired friends) for a hangover cure breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. Afterwards we went to a world market and bought British chocolate and teas, went to a few other shops and then spent the rest of the day lounging about, watching movies, playing games, etc until bedtime. It was a great weekend, but very tiring. :)

Note- pics of the costumes are the exclusive property of Steve's cell phone. If he should ever chose to share them I'd post a couple here.

1 comment:

  1. WEll at least one thing has been decided by me after this festivities, I am keeping away from hard liquor and staying with beer.

    I will download pics and send asap.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete