Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Church's Chicken Burn-Off Ride

I had lofty and some-what healthy plans for lunch today. A homemade...well, okay...workmade toasted turkey and Swiss sub complete with pine nut hummus. Yums. But as I was prepping my sandwich materials I noticed that my sub bread had sprouted little fuzzy green dots.../sigh. So, in a moment of weakness I threw my debit card into the hands of today's lunch lackey and she came back with a Church's chicken tender meal, mashed potatoes with gravy, and a biscuit (which I'm pretty sure was deep friend in butter and then doused with honey), which came to a whopping 660 calories. Okay, I'll admit, that's not really that bad...but it was deep fried and had something like 100,000 mg of sodium (I'm rounding up). So, with the weather being fairly good today, I left work an hour early and went for a quick 10 mile jaunt on my road bike, burning approximately 492 of those 660 calories off.

Stupid green fuzzy dots. Ruins everything it does.

1 comment: