Friday, November 13, 2009

Saint Stephen the Confessor

With nearly a week gone by with my new communications device, I'm proud to announce that it is no longer winning the struggle between human and machine. Up until Wednesday I'd seriously thought that I was witnessing the dawn of a robot uprising. I would open up an app only to not be able to get the app to disappear (cue movie clip: Adam Sandler yelling at the golf ball, "Why don't you go to your home?!?!?! Don't you like your home?!?!?!?!). No, joke, all day Tuesday I could not get the alarm icon to disappear off the main screen. I'd press my finger onto the icon, flick it off to the left...the icon would go zooting off in the correct direction...but alas, it wouldn't disappear into the menu. /sigh But, by Wednesday, I'd figured out all the tricks to making and moving my app icons.

So, with much elation, I'm proud to announce that I like my new cell phone and I am keeping it. And this is where the title of this post becomes relevant. I told Steve this about two hours ago, and without putting any effort into hiding his disappointment, his body sags and says, "Awwww...but I was hoping you'd hate it so much that you'd give it to me!"

....crickets....

This becomes all the more entertaining considering HE TRICKED ME INTO GETTING THE PHONE! (see previous post) This could have easily been solved with him buying the new phone I was way overdue for, stuck his SIM card in it instead, and just sunk extra cash into expanding the memory on my SLVR. But ya know, this is kinda like that episode of the Simpsons where Homer buys Marge a bowling ball for her birthday with the expectation that she won't want it and will just give it to him instead...but much to his dismay she takes up bowling. Yeah, well,...Steve, guess what...I just took up Samsung Sillouetting....or...something.

No comments:

Post a Comment