Tuesday, May 12, 2009

And for My Next Magic Trick....






I cycled 35 miles today, from Reggie's house in Clarksville to Briley Parkway in Nashville.




It was rough! I think it is easily the hardest ride I've ever done. The first 12 miles were some of the worst hills I've had to climb; not only were they steep but they went on and on for what seemed like miles. There was one hill in particular around the 10 or 11 mile mark that absolutely kicked my butt. I stopped 4 or 5 times just to make it to the top.




After Ashland City the ride was pretty easy. In fact most of it was boring. There was only one hill that got me, but it really wasn't that steep, I think exhaustion was kicking my butt by then. Anyway, I'm in no rush to do that route again, but now its up to the rest of the cycling team to break the 35 mile mark. Cmon, Slackers,...get with the program!




Woohoo, go Team Jenny!




Update: Steve has provided me with some altitude and map stuff.



I hurt just thinking about that. :D

4 comments:

  1. Bask in your glory now...because you know, the next time we ride, I will cycle 35.1 miles of circles around you...

    FOOOORRRTY THreeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...testosterone...where would men be without it?

    ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, quid-pro-quo, just another slacker giving back as much as he's taking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *LOL* you know we will just have to cycle the same distance and it will mean no one up stuff. Of course I will for sure do 0.1 miles more than you guys *LOL*

    ReplyDelete