Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Steps to Remotivation

I'm in a funk. Mental as well as physical funk. I have low energy levels, not to mention I hurt my back a couple of weeks ago and I can't seem to kick it back into happy mode. I haven't been to the gym since Friday. And for the more relaxed readers out there, that may seem like not such a long time ago, but for me that's forever. But I keep talking myself out of working out. This is not a good thing for me. I am a happier and more balanced person after a workout. So, I know it's for the best...so, why do I keep talking myself out of a visit to the gym every.single.day.?

So, here is the game plan:

1. Push my mental reset button. This has been achieved in the past by going for a long run or an hour or so of contemplative and meditative silence. I'll try the run first...easier on the knees.

2. Set gym visits into my daily schedule. Considering my low energy levels in the afternoons, I guess gym will have to be in the mornings.

3. Read lots of health and nutrition articles/blogs/etc. Just reading about being healthy motivates me.

4. Prioritize my tasks. I'm willing to admit that I've been feeling a little overwhelmed this semester (hey, what else is new?) So, maybe a little organization, and actually getting my work completed early, will relieve some of the mental exaustion. And leave me more time for physical activities.

5. Have a word with myself. Ya know, a little self-motivational conversation starring outer and inner self.

Well, that's a start. Now...to only find time to start the Remotivation Revolution.

5 comments:

  1. you do have to point out to peeps that you are doing some excersizem it may not bee a lot but we have cycled for 3 miles twice this week so far.

    If I can help I am always available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we have cycled, but it hasn't been intense. I feel I need to reach that point of exhaustion that only happens on long rides or hard workouts. Really gets the adrenaline flowing, not to mention the happy brain endorphins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could just be a natural cycle. Keep an eye on it and surf out the change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But I don't want a rollercoaster cycle, I want nice happy smooth consistency.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, just reading your blogs has motivated me enough..... I am at that point of do or die and I choose do!! I am currently struggling to remember who I am, lol. Am now motivated enough to try and find the old me which means eating sensibly (dieting is such a harsh word) swimming and getting on top of jobs at home and work. Being a Gemini we are either up or down. I have had enough of being down and am now ready to rise once again..... Thank you x

    ReplyDelete