Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Some Possible Bike Routes

So, I've been toying with some possible bike routes for us to conquer the first good weekend this spring. Here are a few ideas, trying to keep the mileage about 20 to 30 miles. These are there-and-backs btw.

Ashland City to Briley Parkway


View Larger Map

Sango Walmart to Port Royal State Park


View Larger Map

Or, alternatively, we could do a weekend long bike ride following the nice, wide, plenty of room for cyclists, Highway 52 from Orlinda, TN to Celina, TN, using my parents place in Lafayette as a half-way point and end-of-day resting point.


View Larger Map

We could even bribe my mom to be support team :D

2 comments:

  1. I'm a bit leary of the Ashland City to Nashville ride. No, let me rephrase. There is no way we would make it back up out of the middle tennessee valley onto the Ashland City plateau! I drove this on Tuesday and it is all uphill from Briley through Ashland City. The other routes look fun to me, but I'd want to see an elevation profile and drive them once before a ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orlinda to Celina is ups and downs, rolling hills. A few big hills, but nothing more drastic than that hill we did near Lock B. In fact, probably not even close. The hills tend to be long, gradual inclines.

    So maybe as a test for Ashland to Briley, we park a car near Briley, drive the truck w/bikes back to Ashland, cycle down to Briley and give the way back a good try? If all else fails we could always coast back down to the car.

    ReplyDelete