Friday, September 24, 2010

Breading

Sometimes...just sometimes,...there are certain foods I miss. Now, I love the Primal Blueprint, especially the nutritional side of it,...but I still have my weak moments when I can't ignore the side of hashbrowns or the fries or the breaded and deep fried fish.

I found a compromise for the potato products by making sweet potato fries and hashbrowns an occasional treat. But I had truly given up on breading for fish (or really any meat product that can be breaded) until I was inspired to give an alternative recipe a try.

Last night, following detailed instruction via moi, Steve fried up some cod in coconut oil and butter that was "breaded" with chopped black walnuts, pecans, and fried scallions. It was really really REALLY effin' good. The kinda good that results in instant salivation.

We rounded out our "breaded" fish with some steamed veggies, fresh pineapple, and a banana smoothie. I would share a picture...but honestly,...it didn't last that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment